Connection guide for Rithmic using NinjaTrader 18.104.22.168
If you currently have ANY other version of Rtrader on your computer you must uninstall it and the folder as shown here: CLICK HERE
Download and install our Rithmic rTrader Pro https://rithmic.com/rtraderpro-Apex.msi
Copy and paste your Rithmic username and password (Make sure to NOT copy a space by accident). Both can be found in your welcome email or click on “Step 1 Rithmic and Step 2 Ninja Trader Setup and Key” inside your Apex Trader Funding member account --> HERE <--
If you are new to Ninja you will get the following window. Click SKIP
Step 1: Rithmic rTrader Pro Settings
- Open your rTrader Pro application
- Click "Skip Settings" (top right corner)
- Leave selective mode turned OFF
- Copy and paste your Rithmic ID and password without any accidental spaces
- (Your Rithmic ID and password as well as your NinjaTrader License key are stored--> HERE <--)
- Choose System : APEX
- Choose Gateway : Chicago Area
- Leave market data OFF
- Click LOGIN and sign the 2 agreements for ALL NEW USERS upon first login in rTrader Pro.
- They are mandatory (select NON-PROFESSIONAL)
!!! MUST DOWNLOAD (OR UPGRADE) THE NEWEST NINJA RELEASE VERSION !!!
Download NinjaTrader (or uninstall NT8 from your computer and install the most current version 22.214.171.124) by using this link https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Ynk9EKkH9AnrA18Z36xNK9ooD7qFU4MD/view?usp=sharing
- Open NinjaTrader 8
- Change the default license key
- (Ninja Trader Control Center > Help > License Key--> as shown here <--)
If you have your own license key, please enter yours instead of the one provided to you
(If you already have an existing "Rithmic for NinjaTrader Brokerage" connection please delete if no longer needed)
- Ninja Trader Control Center click on Connections > configure > double click Rithmic for Ninja Trader Brokerage (under available)
- Copy and paste your Rithmic ID as username and password without any accidental spaces
- Choose system: APEX
- WARNING: "Connect on startup" must be UNCHECKED
- WARNING: "Plug-in mode" must be UNCHECKED
- Click apply and OK, close Ninja, re-start Ninja, click the connection tab, and select the created connection "My Rithmic for NinjaTrader Brokerage"
NinjaTrader8 needs to be restarted anytime changes were made in order for the changes to take
- Uncheck Global SIM under "Tools"
- Select the account you want to trade in Ninja Chart trader
Critical: OCO (one cancels other) orders for Rithmic are locally simulated on your PC. This means that NinjaTrader must be connected to your broker in order for the OCO capability to function. If you are disconnected and one of the OCO orders are filled, the other WILL NOT be automatically cancelled.
NOW... You are all set and ready to go.
My connection in Ninja is yellow / Ninja won't connect: https://support.apextraderfunding.com/hc/en-us/articles/4408423828379-My-connection-in-Ninja-is-yellow-Ninja-won-t-connect
NinjaTrader8 Video Guides: https://ninjatrader.com/Video-Guides
How to reset your account:
Do you understand the trailing drawdown? How Does The Trailing Threshold Work? Master Course – Apex Trader Funding
Technical Issues, Trouble Shooting and Closing Trades: https://support.apextraderfunding.com/hc/en-us/articles/4404901831451-I-need-to-close-a-trade-but-can-t-Help-me-please-Flatten-Button