Tradovate Trade Copier
Tradovate has a limited trade copier built into it. To enable and access it, follow these steps.
1. Login to Tradovate (https://trader.tradovate.com), select the Trading Mode Simulation after logging in.
2. Once you are logged in, click on the application settings icon in the top right corner of your charts screen:
3. When the Settings page comes up, click on the "Add-Ons" tab, then choose to activate "Group Trade":
After you click Activate, you will need to log out of Tradovate and back in again for the Trade copier feature to be enabled.
4. Once you're logged back in, goto the accounts drop down and click on "Manage Groups":
5. Click on the "+" sign to create a group, then give your group a name:
After you've created your group, click and drag the accounts you want in your trade copier group from the left hand frame to the right hand frame:
You adjust the number of contracts you'd like to trade by moving the Qty numbers up or down. After you've created you group, click the "Save" button, acknowledge the group has been created then click on the "Close" button.
6. Once the group is saved you can see it under the Account drop down:
7. To have your trades copied to multiple accounts, choose (click) the group you would like to trade. You may create multiple groups and switch between them.
NOTE: Tradovate Groups (Trade Copier) does NOT allow Bracket orders (ATMs). If you want to use bracket orders (ATMs) you will need to use NinjaTrader.
Other things to note about the Tradovate groups:
1) If you have a group selected you can see which one is active here. To de-select the group, click on the account drop down, then click on the group name.
2) You can monitor the account balances for open positions within your group here.
The Qty (number of contracts) must be a multiple of the number of contracts in the group:
Otherwise, you will get this error message:
If you specified more than one contract in the group setup, your Qty (number of contracts) will need to be a multiple of of the combined total. For example Three accounts x two contracts = six total contracts. So the number in the quantity field would need to be a multiple of six.