Connection guide for Rithmic using NinjaTrader
If you are an existing customer with our version of Rithmic rTrader Pro already setup and connecting. Skip to the next section "NinjaTrader Setup"
If you are a new customer and you have just purchased your first Rithmic account(s) from Apex Trader Funding. Please follow these instructions BEFORE going through then NinjaTrader setup.
If you currently have ANY other version of Rtrader on your computer you must uninstall it and the folder as shown here: CLICK HERE
Download and install our Rithmic rTrader Pro https://rithmic.com/rtraderpro-Apex.msi
Copy and paste your Rithmic username and password (Make sure to NOT copy a space by accident). Both can be found in your welcome email or click on “Rithmic and Ninja Trader Setup and Key” inside your Apex Trader Funding member account --> HERE <--
Rithmic rTrader Pro Settings
- Open your rTrader Pro application
- Click "Skip Settings" (top right corner)
- Leave selective mode turned OFF
- Copy and paste your Rithmic ID and password without any accidental spaces
- (Your Rithmic ID and password as well as your NinjaTrader License key are stored--> HERE <--)
- Choose System : APEX
- Choose Gateway : Chicago Area
- Leave market data OFF
- Click LOGIN and sign the 2 agreements for ALL NEW USERS upon first login in rTrader Pro.
- They are mandatory (select NON-PROFESSIONAL)
1. Enter your email and choose Sign Up at https://account.ninjatrader.com/register *
(*please make sure you do NOT have any AD blockers/Pop Up blocker on. Try different browsers if still having issues)
2. A screen asking you to confirm your email address will appear
3. Check your email for the confirmation request and select Confirm Email Address
4. Create a Username and Password. Read and agree to the required documents. Then select
5. You will then be directed to the Trade Mode page. Select Import a license key and follow the instructions.
YOU MUST IMPORT YOUR KEY (PAID OR EVALUATION) >>>>>BEFORE<<<<<
DOWNLOADING AND INSTALLING NINJATRADER
6. Once your license key has been imported, select Download desktop platform for unlimited free use.
7. Under Most Recent Release select Download. You can install and start NinjaTrader after downloading it.
8. Start NinjaTrader. Each time you start NinjaTrader you will need to enter the Username and Password you signed up to NinjaTrader with, then click Log In
9. NinjaTrader will startup after this you will see the NinjaTrader Console.
Then go to the Tools > Options dialog and verify this Multi-provider check box is CHECKED:
This will allow you to connect to your Rithmic and if you use NinjaTrader Brokerage, your personal account at the same time (you'll need to make sure you have a connection setup for both).
Now you will have the option to click on Configure, to then setup your My Rithmic for NinjaTrader Brokerage Connection.
Click Connections > configure, and setup this screen:
Now you will be able to click on My Rithmic.. to connect to your Apex accounts.
NOTE: If this was an upgrade to an existing NinjaTrader install open the Connections menu item and verify all of your connections are there. If you do not see the options to create new connections in the Connections menu item following these notes will fix that.
If you are an Apex Investing Institute customer have upgraded to the latest version of NinjaTrader, are using the Sniper Trading System, and get an error message when starting your charts about a String not being the right format, Do this:
1. Go to this website: https://account.ninjatrader.com and login with the credentials used to upgrade your NinjaTrader
2. Click on your profile icon in the top right hand corner:
3. Click on the Settings menu item:
4. When the settings page opens, click on the Preferences tab, then chose the Numeric Symbol format option:
5. Logout of the account dashboard and close and restart NinjaTrader.
6. When NinjaTrader is up, connect to your Rithmic or personal account(s) and open your Sniper Trading Charts. They should now load without the error message.