Connection guide for Rithmic using NinjaTrader 220.127.116.11
If you are an existing customer with our version of Rithmic rTrader Pro already setup and connecting. Skip to the next section "NinjaTrader Setup"
If you are a new customer and you have just purchased your first Rithmic account(s) from Apex Trader Funding. Please follow these instructions BEFORE going through then NinjaTrader setup.
If you currently have ANY other version of Rtrader on your computer you must uninstall it and the folder as shown here: CLICK HERE
Download and install our Rithmic rTrader Pro https://rithmic.com/rtraderpro-Apex.msi
Copy and paste your Rithmic username and password (Make sure to NOT copy a space by accident). Both can be found in your welcome email or click on “Rithmic and Ninja Trader Setup and Key” inside your Apex Trader Funding member account --> HERE <--
Rithmic rTrader Pro Settings
- Open your rTrader Pro application
- Click "Skip Settings" (top right corner)
- Leave selective mode turned OFF
- Copy and paste your Rithmic ID and password without any accidental spaces
- (Your Rithmic ID and password as well as your NinjaTrader License key are stored--> HERE <--)
- Choose System : APEX
- Choose Gateway : Chicago Area
- Leave market data OFF
- Click LOGIN and sign the 2 agreements for ALL NEW USERS upon first login in rTrader Pro.
- They are mandatory (select NON-PROFESSIONAL)
1. Go to https
1. Enter your email and choose Sign Up at https://account.ninjatrader.com/register *
Please do not use sign in with google or apple, as you must input your own email to get the link to continue the setup.
(*please make sure you do NOT have any AD blockers/Pop Up blocker on. Try different browsers if still having issues)
2. A screen asking you to confirm your email address will appear
3. Check your email for the confirmation request and select Confirm Email Address
4. Please Create a Username and Password. Read and agree to the required documents. Then select
Create User. Make sure to save your username and password where you can copy/paste it later when accessing the desktop application.
5. You will then be directed to the Get Started page. Please click on Try risk-free simulated trading.
Then Enter your First Name, Last Name and Phone,
then please click continue to go to the Ninjatrader Dashboard.
If Choose your platform appears, simply X that screen out:
6. Now that you are on the NinjaTrader online Dashboard, click the top right ICON and select Settings.
Next click on Plans > Import a License Key:
Copy and Paste our Rithmic Lic key assigned to you, you can find the lic key on the main menu when you login to our account under NinjaTrader Setup and Ninja Key:
Then paste the Rithmic key and click Import.
You should get a License key was imported successfully message.
If you do not get this message, you will need to contact NinjaTrader support or create a new NinjaTrader.com account and repeat this setup to get the successful license key import.
*Please Note: If you have a Tradovate account, you can import the Tradovate lic. key here as well at this step. If you do not have a Tradovate account from us, you do not need to import the Tradovate key.
Now that you have the successful import, click on the Download button on the bottom right:
Then download the Latest Release of NinjaTrader:
While this is downloading, please click on the top right ICON and select settings:
Then click on Preferences > and select Numeric:
YOU MUST IMPORT YOUR LICENSE KEY AS SHOWN ABOVE (PAID OR EVALUATION) >>>>>BEFORE<<<<<
DOWNLOADING, INSTALLING AND OPENING NINJATRADER ON YOUR DESKTOP
7. Now that NinjaTrader is installed. Open NinjaTrader and enter the username and password you created for your ninjatrader.com account.
Each time you start NinjaTrader you will need to enter the Username and Password you signed up to NinjaTrader with, then click Log In.
8. NinjaTrader will startup after this you will see the NinjaTrader Console.
Please go to the Tools > Options > General and verify that Multi-provider check box is CHECKED, Click
Apply > OK
9. Restart Ninja
This will allow you to connect to your My Rithmic for NinjaTrader Brokerage and if you use NinjaTrader Brokerage, your personal account (if you have a personal account) at the same time (you'll need to make sure you have a connection setup for both).
Now you will have the option to click on Connections > Configure, to then setup your My Rithmic for NinjaTrader Brokerage Connection.
Click Connections > configure, and setup this screen:
Now you will be able to click on My Rithmic for NinjaTrader Brokerage.. to connect to your Apex accounts.
You are now connected to the your Apex Rithmic Accounts to trade.
NOTE: If this was an upgrade to an existing NinjaTrader install open the Connections menu item and verify all of your connections are there. If you do not see the options to create new connections in the Connections menu item following these notes will fix that.
10. If you had a previous install of NinjaTrader please continue...
If you are an Apex Investing Institute customer have upgraded to the latest version of NinjaTrader, are using the Sniper Trading System, and get an error message when starting your charts about a String not being the right format, Do this:
1. Go to this website: https://account.ninjatrader.com and login with the credentials used to upgrade your NinjaTrader.
2. Click on your profile icon in the top right hand corner:
3. Click on the Settings menu item:
4. When the settings page opens, click on the Preferences tab, then chose the Numeric Symbol format option:
5. Logout of the account dashboard and close and restart NinjaTrader.
6. When NinjaTrader is up, connect to your Rithmic or personal account(s) and open your Sniper Trading Charts. They should now load without the error message.