Market Volatility Advisory - Rithmic
As you know, recent global events have precipitated major market movements which has led to unusually high traffic rates from the futures exchanges.
Below are some tips to help your trading screens keep up with these market movements:
- Keep the number of instruments to which you subscribe to a minimum.
- Keep the number of visible windows to a minimum.
Actions specific to R | Trader™ and R | Trader Pro™:
- Make sure the Update Time column in the Quote Board matches the clock on your machine. If it is noticeably behind, then you know that is data in the app is somewhat stale.
- When R | Trader™ and R | Trader Pro™ show yellow led lights and/or sound the “Slow Computer” alarm, the rate at which data is received by the computer is faster than the computer’s processor can handle. You may reduce the rates at which data is sent to the computer or reduce the frequency at which R | Trader™ or R | Trader Pro™ paint the screen as follows:
- Subscribe to Aggregated Quotes (at the Login screen, click on the link, Aggregated Quotes); or
- In the Window menu of R | Trader™ and R | Trader Pro™, click on Preferences and then on the Performance tab and use the slider to change updates from 10 to 4 and click on the Apply button.
For more information, the full advisory can be accessed at the link below:
Please always remember if you cannot close a trade from within your trading platform, open up rTrader and go to File > Positions and click the red X next to your trade to get it closed out.
You can use the Flatten All button in your Apex member area to close all trades with one click as your last resort
ES graph for reference