OneDrive and NinjaTrader 8
NinjaTrader should not be used with OneDrive as you will see file access violations and other issues when OneDrive tries to sync files to the cloud.
How to disable Windows 10 from using OneDrive as the default save location
It is also recommended going through OneDrive to make sure OneDrive isn't set to continue to backup the Documents folder. Please see the following link that outlines how to make changes in OneDrive:
How to reinstall the NinjaTrader platform
With this procedure you will not lose any Workspaces, Charts, custom items etc. You'll need the license key for this procedure
- Close all running applications.
- Make sure NinjaTrader is closed from the Windows Task Manager:
- Press CTRL + ALT + DEL on your keyboard > Start Task Manager...
- Then from the Start menu select --> Control Panel --> Add and Remove Programs or Programs and Features
- From Add and Remove Programs select NinjaTrader 8 and click Remove.
- Restart your PC.
- After NinjaTrader is uninstalled, navigate to the following folders and delete any "NinjaTrader 8" folders located here if any: C:\Program Files (x86)\
- C:\Program Files\
- Once these steps are completed, download and install NinjaTrader from the link below:
- http://ninjatrader.com/PlatformDirect (* This is where you will need to input your license key to download)